Renovation Information: June Updates on New Library Construction
The corner of 16th Avenue and 8th Street in East Moline in the former TBK Bank building is bustling with construction. There will be many exciting new features to the library including an updated and larger second floor and a study room.
The West view of the second floor where the new study room will be
Photo courtesy of the Concord Group
The month of June brought great progress to the new construction of the East Moline Public Library. June construction and planning for the new facility included:
· finalizing furniture design and bids
· forming and pouring the footings and foundations for the new addition
· installing overhead plumbing on the first floor
· installation of second floor roof drains and ductwork
· installing the underground plumbing on the lower level
Progress of the new basement after spread footing work was completed. Photo courtesy of the Concord Group
As of June 30th, 30.8% of the new library construction is complete!
A big thank you to HGA for design services, the Concord Group, Russell Construction, and all of our wonderful generous community members and donors who have made this project possible and continue to work so hard to see its completion.