East Moline was settled in 1895 and was originally called Port Byron Junction. The library has served this community since 1915. The new library will serve patrons with many modern upgrades. A state-of-the-art digital plaza and increased access to technology that will enable the Library to offer programs in line with contemporary library services. This renovation will vastly improve the ease of access for the community as well as provide extended-hour meeting rooms and collaborative workspaces. We believe the new facility will truly serve as the community’s living room. With over 100,000 visits each year, no other public institution serves as many residents of East Moline.